Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Trying

"God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try."
~ Mother Teresa ~


Sometimes when I feel stressed I find comfort in words.  Tonight, it was Mother Teresa.  There is so much truth in these words.  I can so easily become let down or discontent with unsuccessful endeavors.  But I really think she was on to something... T.R.Y.


I have often said anything worth doing in life is challenging.  I still believe that. But often the task seems too daunting.  At times I feel unqualified or not knowledgable enough...  
So, I don't try.  
Or I feel afraid to try.  
Or embarrassed to try.  


But really, it all goes back to Jonah.


Not my son, the other Jonah.  The one that was swallowed by the whale.  


Jonah was afraid to try.  So, God gave him a little push... 






Sometimes I can try to ignore my push.  Roadblocks slow me down and it is easy to want stop.  


Fear of the unknown
Fear of the change
Fear of the next step.


Martin Luther King Jr. said faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the stairs.  
I want to do that.  I want to move forward.


But change is hard. Sometimes.
It must be done.


So, it's time to try.  Because like Mother Teresa said.  


It isn't always about success.   
It's just about the effort.
It's about the 'try'.    
It is about the journey.


I pray that wherever this path leads me.
I follow it in faith.
Making a difference 
for others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment