Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Have you ever lived with a super hero?


Have you ever lived with a super hero?  

I live with one and let me tell you it is wonderfully exciting... and exhausting.    There is always someone making lightening fast costume changes,  diving off buildings (couches), popping out of a lair (nook behind the leather chair), defeating an evil villain (Daddy and/or Choppy), saving the innocent from falling meteors  (Jonah from a pillow- that one really was scary), and offering protection in a hostage situations (Daniel threatens me with pool noodle light sabers).  I mean it is amazing this pint sized super hero has time to be a kid!  I had someone tell me once that she just couldn't encourage super hero play in young children.  Why?  I've watched this super hero make movies with my iphone, plan scripts, invent tools and spy gadgets from broken toys and boxes, question the meaning of right and wrong, and start to question what he wants to be when he grows up (police officer- Batman division).  I'd say playing super hero has pretty good for him.     Here is a pic of my favorite little caped crusader.
  




No comments:

Post a Comment