Friday, January 6, 2012

On Writing

I love to write.  Really, I do. And I have....for as long as I can remember.
I have even have had one really nice personalized rejection letter from a children's publisher.  I really didn't know at the time that was a big deal; so, I THREW IT AWAY?!   "When you know better, you do better. " Right? I got another form letter decline today... I have 10's of those.  Maybe near 100.  It is frustrating for a moment or two.  Then I remember that I mainly write for me (& my family, of course).

Decline, Decline,
Decline, Decline.
Because your idea
is not as good
as his
or hers
or theirs
or mine.
So, I regret that we must
decline, decline,
decline, decline.


And on that note; here's another poem.  :)

The poem for a new year.

I originally wrote this for my cousin Allie's graduation.  But I like to look at it from time to time.  Helps me keep perspective. 

What Lies Behind the Door Untold?

Who Knows?
Not I, not you.
Only Him.


What awaits?

Who Knows?
Not I, not you.
Only Him.

He leads you to the water, but will not make you drink.
He provides the words, but will not force you to read.
He gives you the opportunity, but will not decide.

Dream your own dreams
Reach for the heavens
Make your own destiny

Whatever path He shows, follow it in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment